This salad is packed with flavor, and will leave you feeling satisfied. The roasted chickpeas give it a nice crunchy texture, and the creamy avocado balances out the flavors perfectly. It’s perfect as an appetizer or side dish for any meal!
It’s fantastic served either hot or cold because the ingredients are so versatile! This makes it easy to bring on-the-go if you have somewhere to be after dinner. You can also make this ahead of time by prepping all your ingredients in advance before serving.
- 5 oz mixed greens(150 g)
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 10 oz cherry tomato(275 g), halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 30 oz chickpeas(850 g), 2 cans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius).
- Mix the chickpeas with olive oil, garlic salt, and paprika in a large bowl.
- Place the chickpeas on a single layer on an oven-safe baking sheet. Bake the chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet for between 25-30 minutes or until they become crisp.
- Cucumber, diced, in a large mixing basin
- Mix in the greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, roasted chickpeas and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into separate bowls, and then serve.