If you’re like me, you love baked manicotti but hate the hassle of freezing it. Here’s a quick and easy way to do it!
If you have baked manicotti that you need to store in the freezer, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to make sure that the manicotti is thoroughly cooled before freezing. Once it’s cooled, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place it in a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to enjoy the manicotti, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat it in a 350 degree oven until it’s warm throughout.
What You Need
-1 recipe baked manicotti
1. Allow the manicotti to cool completely. This is important, because if you freeze it while it’s still warm, the moisture will turn to ice crystals and ruin the texture.
2. Cover the dish with a layer of aluminum foil, making sure that it’s tight against the surface of the pasta so that no air can get in.
3. Place the dish in the freezer and freeze for at least 3 hours, or until the manicotti is completely frozen.
4. Remove the dish from the freezer and remove the aluminum foil.
5. Wrap each piece of manicotti tightly in plastic wrap, using a separate piece of wrap for each piece so that they don’t stick together.
6. Label each piece with a permanent marker and return them to the freezer.
7. Frozen manicotti will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Freezing Baked Manicotti
Baked manicotti can be frozen either before or after baking. To freeze before baking, assemble the manicotti shells and filling in a baking dish. Cover with foil, label and date, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to bake, remove from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed.
To freeze after baking, allow the manicotti to cool completely. Wrap each piece individually in plastic wrap, then place all of the wrapped pieces in a freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag before sealing. Freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in a 350 degree F oven until heated through.
Reheating Frozen Baked Manicotti
If you have baked manicotti that you need to rehease, you first need to make sure that it is completely cooled. Once it is cooled, you can wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Be sure to label and date the manicotti so you know when it was frozen.
To reheat, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Take the manicotti out of the freezer and let it thaw for about 30 minutes. Once it is thawed, you can put it back in the baking dish and heat it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
In conclusion, you can freeze baked manicotti by wrapping it tightly in freezer-safe wrap and then storing it in the freezer for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply thaw the manicotti in the refrigerator overnight and then bake it in a 350 degree oven until heated through. Enjoy!