if you must ask, the answer is no.
Is it safe to cook during a thunderstorm?
With lightning as one of the most dangerous aspects of a thunderstorm, it’s best to err on the side of caution and avoid cooking during a storm. If you must cook, always use caution and never use gas stoves or ovens, since they can create sparks that could ignite a fire.
What are the risks of cooking during a thunderstorm?
Cooking during a thunderstorm can be dangerous as lightning can strike at any time, even if the storm is not directly overhead. If you must cook, use caution and avoid using electrical appliances or sources of water. Metal utensils and pots can also conduct electricity, so avoid using them as well. Instead, opt for non-metallic cooking utensils and make sure that your food is fully cooked before eating.
How can I stay safe while cooking during a thunderstorm?
Cooking during a thunderstorm can be dangerous if you’re not careful. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
– Unplug all small appliances and electronic equipment before the storm arrives.
– Avoid using any sort of open flame, including gas or electric stoves, ovens, grills, and candles.
– Do not use your home’s plumbing, including sinks, bathtubs, and toilets.
– If you must use the microwave, Do so sparingly and for short periods of time.
– Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches and balconies.